Monday 9 July 2012

Hot salad, cold wind

First up, a really quick recipe for a hot salad I had the other night. It's tasty, easy to make, and healthy without being boring.


 The only things you have to cook are some new potatoes and an egg or two. While these are boiling, put tinned tuna, lettuce, cucumbers and any other vegetables you fancy on a plate. Then slice the potatoes and eggs and eat with the dressing of your choice (or just lots of pepper).

I was raised on tinned tuna, as most of our family recipes involve it in some way. One of my university friends, investigating my kitchen cupboards and finding tins and tins of it, accused me of being a cat in disguise.


The sky is really lowering this evening, so I took a picture. It's actually quite chilly, with a fairly strong wind, but I like this kind of weather. It took quite a lot of manoeuvring to get both the bridges into the picture but not the conservatory! The thing I like most about Rosyth (apart from being able to spend lots of time with my wonderful family, of course) is how big the skies are here. Being in a city means your horizons are very closed, so I think we have the best of both worlds here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment